[pp.int.general] Swedish eavesdropping law passed

Anton Tamminen anton.tamminen at piraattipuolue.fi
Wed Jun 18 22:47:22 CEST 2008

As it seems no one else has reported on this matter here yet, I'd just
like to announce that the Swedish parliament passed the controversial
law for unwarrantless eavesdropping of all telecommunication just about
two hours ago, by votes 143 against 138. The nation is in grief. I
salute our Swedish comrades.

I'm sure the Swedish representatives will comment on this matter more
thoroughly shortly.

Anton Tamminen
International Secretary, Member of the Board
Piraattipuolue - The Pirate Party, Finland
http://www.piraattipuolue.fi