[pp.int.general] Political Party X (was: Uppsala Declaration)

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 10:34:15 CEST 2008

El Domingo 29 Junio 2008, "Mårten Fjällstr"öm escribió:
> In the European Parliament, it is the party groups that are the key to
> getting influence. Once elected, we will discuss with the groups that
> could be of interest, to determine which group is closest to us, and join
> that group.
>
> Inside the group, we will do our utmost to persuade the other members of
> the group to join our position on the issues that fall within our
> political platform. In return, we´ll listen to the advice of the group on
> all other issues, and vote with the group unless we have some strong
> reasons not to.

I for one say a strong NO to that way of doing politics. So we are a Pirate
Party, but then we are not anymore independent because we join THAT group. c

Then, in that group the idea of the *declaration* you just try to convince
them for our positions (please, please, please), but in return we'll vote
with the group "unless we have some strong reason not to".

This seems pretty broken. That's *not* the way things should be done at all.
First, it's against our pirate party statutes. But it's worst than that. To
me, this seems like the one who wrote the *Uppsala declaration* - or at least
that part of it - has a clear political agenda.

That agenda seems pretty clear: gain momentum, get a seat in the european
parliament, convert the Pirate Party in part of the political party X (could
you just tell us what party is it already?), and end up being swallowed by
that party. Because you know, people don't like to vote the substitute, but
the original party X.

So summing up, pirate party seems to be just the trampoline	 for entering
the "Political Party X".

Regards,
       Eduardo Robles Elvira.

depends on the unreasonable man." (George Bernard Shaw)