[pp.int.general] Uppsala Declaration

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 23:00:04 CEST 2008

El Domingo 29 Junio 2008, "Mårten Fjällstr"öm escribió:
> Hi,
> we have now finalised a European Pirate Parties Declaration of a basic
> plattform for the European Parliaments election of 2009, wriiten in
> Uppsala. Or the Uppsala Declaration for short. The document is attached in
>   Open Office format (odt) and also added as text on the bottom of this
> email.
>
> A small pre-amble:
> The paper is not to be viewed as a restriction on national parties, but as
>   support and startingpoint. If it needs to be translated or modified to
> suit different target audiences, then go ahead and do so.
>
> Yours,
> Mårten Fjällström
> Party Secretary
> Piratpartiet, Sweden

We tried to create a pirate manifiesto and most of people just ignored the
process of its development and it was a failure. Then Carlos Ayala from
Partido Pirata proposed to use Uppsala as a relaunching platform for the
manifiesto, and Reinier said that basically we don't need a manifiesto..

And now you just get together in Uppssala and in two days redact a new
declaration, without letting us have a say in it. Who redacted this
manifiesto? Who signed it? Am I missing something?

depends on the unreasonable man." (George Bernard Shaw)