[pp.int.general] Political Party X

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 11:03:01 CEST 2008

El Lunes 30 Junio 2008, Anton Tamminen escribió:
> Like I stated earlier, the document is not an absolute statement, and
> the part about being part of a group is to me merely a proposition to be
> considered. There was some debate about this in the conference as well,
> and the issue was left pretty open. Don't let the document give you the
> impression that any decisions have been made - I think we all realize
> the importance of consensus here.

I hope so.

> Still, as a side note, it should be mentioned that it can be very hard
> to accomplish anything in the EP outside a group.

That might very well be true,  but we have some ideals that we can't sell in
the name of anything. Pirates don't sell themselves to any political party
and that statement of the declaration says pretty much so.

El Domingo 29 Junio 2008, "Mårten Fjällstr"öm escribió:
> we have now finalised a European Pirate Parties Declaration of a basic
> plattform for the European Parliaments election of 2009,

Be sure that the spanish pirate party has not other thing in mind for the
european elections than being in the mixed group. We can't accept (as in, not
even our statutes allows that) to join another party and vote for other
things that are not our main concerns. We have limited ourselves in our
statutes to only having some major topics and abstain ourselves in the rest
and that's for a reason.

depends on the unreasonable man." (George Bernard Shaw)