[pp.int.general] PP position on levies

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Sat Mar 8 11:09:36 CET 2008

In Sweden, we are against levies (want the existing ones abolished), for the
primary reason that they are an artificial obstacle to the noncommercial
spread of culture.

Since we say that noncommercial retrieval, use, derivation and distribution
shall be explicitly encouraged, it follows that it cannot be taxed or
levied.

There are many other good reasons, you mention several in this letter.

Other PP positions may vary. I recall that Spain is also strongly against
levies.

Rick