[pp.int.general] [Pirata] Campaign for an European Administration with open standards

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Mar 13 11:37:51 CET 2008

----- Mensaje original ----
De: XXXXX XXXXXX <XXXXX at XXXXXXXXXXX.tk>
Enviado: jueves, 13 de marzo, 2008 8:44:10
> Van 3.070 firmas: ( Already 3.070 signatures collected )
>
> http://www.openparliament.eu/
>
> http://barrapunto.com/article.pl?sid=08/03/12/2016249&from=rss ( link in Spanish )

Petition synopsis:

"Citizens and stakeholder groups should not have to use the software
of a single company in order to communicate with their elected
officials or participate in the legislative process.

All companies should be given the chance to compete freely for contracts to supply ICT services to the European Parliament.

I am a citizen of the EU, and I want the European Parliament to adopt
the use of open standards and to promote interoperability in the ICT
sector."

I haven't signed yet, first of all because I always want to fully read a petition before signing it; and also because I'm passing this to you as quickly as I've been noticed, and I'll do the same with our PIRATA's ISSC (Information Society Sectorial Committee, the responsible one for open standards). Regards

                                                                                            Carlos Ayala
                                                                                             ( Aiarakoa )

                                                                     Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman