[pp.int.general] EC consultations: will we give this time a joint answer?

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Tue Mar 25 15:42:39 CET 2008

By the end of  february, we had to give last-minute answers to the EC consultation on creative contents for the common market. Fortunately, some of those answers reached the EC in time:

Parti Pirate (French)
PIRATA (English)

Will we give this time a joint answer? Will we appear this time as a joint team? I think strength for European Election will come from unity, from synergical working, from citizens seeing us -in a EU and worldwide context; because in a national context we may have our own ideas (as long as those ideas remain compatible with the common ones, common ones which would be the ones declared in the manifesto)- as a unique international movement formed by thousands and thousands of folks with common ideas, instead of separate national parties working on their own.

Now you think on the media impact of this two distinct scenarios:

- scenario a: 2-3 PDF-version answers from 2-3 several national pirate parties
- scenario b: one single PDF-version answer from Pirate Party International

which one would be the most covered one? With one year remaining until European Election, it may result handy that mass media start talking about us as a whole which give common answers to common challenges. So how are we gonna do this? Pozimski -Deutsches Piratenpartei- suggested me to review the wiki page of pirate parties' international proxies-; nowadays I have -with the recent offer from Florian Lauté (Parti Pirate de France)- up to six several proxies -including myself- ... not enough. How are we gonna do this? Let's gonna organize ourselves now, before summer, to be able to start unofficially campaigning after summer.

And remember, it's not only the levies consultation -which has to be answered emailing to this address before April 18 2008-, but also:

* RFID: until April 25 2008
* VAT -it may become interesting for subjects like internet connections, cultural works, etc-: until May 12 2008

I'm sure Uppsala is a very nice place to make tourism in summer, and if PIRATA economy allows to, PIRATA representatives will be there ... but not to make tourism -it will be a mere touristic trip if we repeat Vienna & Berlin proposals (about IT Group, about Manifesto, about joint PR's duties, etc) without real results-; if we want to turn Uppsala into a productive and resolutive PPI meeting, we previously have to develop hardworking manners during the following three months. Do you agree? Regards

                                                                                   Carlos Ayala
                                                                                    ( Aiarakoa )

                                                           Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman