[pp.int.general] EC consultations: will we give this time a joint answer?

Andrew Norton andrew.norton at pirate-party.us
Tue Mar 25 15:47:21 CET 2008

Carlos Ayala wrote:
> By the end of  february, we had to give last-minute answers to the EC
> consultation on creative contents for the common market. Fortunately,
> some of those answers reached the EC in time:
>
> Parti Pirate (French)
> <http://ec.europa.eu/avpolicy/docs/other_actions/col_2008/ngo/parti_pirate_fr.pdf>
> PIRATA (English)
> <http://ec.europa.eu/avpolicy/docs/other_actions/col_2008/ngo/pirata_en.pdf>
>
> Will we give this time a joint answer? Will we appear this time as a
> joint team? I think strength for European Election will come from unity,
> from synergical working, from citizens seeing us -in a EU and worldwide
> context; because in a national context we may have our own ideas (as
> long as those ideas remain compatible with the common ones, common ones
> which would be the ones declared in the manifesto)- as a unique
> international movement formed by thousands and thousands of folks with
> common ideas, instead of separate national parties working on their own.
>
> Now you think on the media impact of this two distinct scenarios:
>
> - scenario a: 2-3 PDF-version answers from 2-3 several national pirate
> parties
> - scenario b: one single PDF-version answer from Pirate Party International

I think a multiple language release of one underlying document. French,
spanish italian german polish english russian etc.

Shall we set a time for an online meeting? Say sometime friday? that
gives us time to review some basics. everyone know how to use IRC? we
should start using the PPI chan, on the swedish server. Just set a time,
and remember, I'm US east coast, and not an early riser, so not before
4-5pm GMT please.

Andrew