[pp.int.general] EC consultations: will we give this time a joint answer?

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Tue Mar 25 15:54:57 CET 2008

> I think a multiple language release of one underlying document. French,
> spanish italian german polish english russian etc.
>
> Shall we set a time for an online meeting? Say sometime friday? that
> gives us time to review some basics. everyone know how to use IRC? we
> should start using the PPI chan, on the swedish server. Just set a time,
> and remember, I'm US east coast, and not an early riser, so not before
> 4-5pm GMT please.
>
> Andrew
If we are able to coordinate that, it would send a fantastic message.
Also, this time it doesn't carry the urgency of a press release. I'm on
for a Friday meet. How's 8pm CET / 7pm UTC / 2pm EST?

We could draft a response in English, say on Google Docs (fantastic tool
to draft documents that will become public anyway), and then take the
weekend to translate it locally and send it on Monday. How we'll
announce it - press release or otherwise - can be discussed in the
meeting (it's usually not newsworthy that somebody has an opinion, only
if somebody DOES something). But the joint paper would be a great first
step, not just for what it is, but also in that it lays a groundwork and
teaches us to work together.

Rick