[pp.int.general] [Cafe] levies

Andrew Norton andrew.norton at pirate-party.us
Tue Mar 25 22:01:51 CET 2008

Carlos Ayala wrote:

> As Rick Falkvinge pointed out, surveillance is not only unnecessary, but
> unbearable anywise. So it's for me out of question, I hope none of us
> would sit in a round table with people like Carlos López, people who
> threat us with the "Sarkozy-like measures, or DSL levies" false dicotomy.
>
> To make myself understood: I'm not gonna pay nothing to anyone, just
> because being told "pay me or I'll beat you"; not being beaten is, for
> me, out of question ... is there something to be compensated? Ok let's
> gonna find it out, if there is something we'll be able to discuss how to
> compensate it ... however, if nothing has to be compensated, thinking
> about how to stop their whining -and their slandering, and their
> offencing, etc- by ceding anything is ... an idea pretty hard to get, do
> you agree?

Part of that, then, has to come from doing out own research, publishing
our own papers, and studies. What would make it all the better is if we
use their data to make those studies. I have one I really need to
finish, based on MPAA figures, and I hope y'all will start doing some
yourself.

If we can provide solid, verifiable data, with full methodologies, AND
the raw data. This way, anyone can look through the data, see the
conclusions, and work out the same things, without the abstractions, and
shaky unknown data that so many studies have promoting longer copyright
terms, more cameras, biometrics out the ying-yang etc.

Andrew
PPUS