[pp.int.general] Friday 8pm CET's meeting

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Wed Mar 26 20:14:19 CET 2008

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) <rick at piratpartiet.se>
Enviado: martes, 25 de marzo, 2008 15:54:57
> > Shall we set a time for an online meeting? Say sometime friday? that gives us time to review some basics. everyone
> > know how to use IRC? we should start using the PPI chan, on the swedish server. Just set a time, and remember, I'm
> > US east coast, and not an early riser, so not before 4-5pm GMT please.
> >
> > Andrew
> If we are able to coordinate that, it would send a fantastic message. Also, this time it doesn't carry the urgency of a
> press release. I'm on for a Friday meet. How's 8pm CET / 7pm UTC / 2pm EST?

It's OK for me, Friday 8pm CET. What about the rest of you?

> We could draft a response in English, say on Google Docs (fantastic tool to draft documents that will become public
> anyway), and then take the weekend to translate it locally and send it on Monday. How we'll announce it - press
> release or otherwise - can be discussed in the meeting (it's usually not newsworthy that somebody has an opinion,
> only if somebody DOES something).

As there are still 3 weeks, we would may start right now on that draftby creating a wiki page with all the consultation questions -to makeeveryone able to show their stances-, and focus on friday on how we'llannounce it -though we may be open, if we have enough time then, todiscuss some of the stances added to the wiki page-.

Which wiki to use, seems no problem; for instance, the int.piratenpartei.de/wiki may serve for it.

> But the joint paper would be a great first step, not just for what it is, but also in that it lays a groundwork and teaches
> us to work together

Sure, I fully agree. As I commented in former mails, working togetherseems the best way to gain strength thinking not only in 2009, but inthe future as a common platform.

So it's essential to start developing joint task forces, like this PRsone -together with the specific one for author's rights and relatedissues-. This will bring us the first joint results, and such resultswill boost our morale to keep on working even better every day. Also,the proxies who attend that friday meeting can be also therepresentatives for and responsibles for another duties and task forceslike the PPI IT Group -helping to organize people in charge of eachnational pirate party's IT groups- and the Manifesto -still we haveonly 6 proxies identified (Sweden, France, Austria, USA, Netherlandsand Spain)-.

That's my proposal: starting right now with the consultation answeringefforts, and using the friday's meeting to organize pending duties.Regards,

                                                                                  Carlos Ayala
                                                                                  ( Aiarakoa )

                                                           Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman