[pp.int.general] EC consultations: will we give this time a joint answer?

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 01:48:19 CET 2008

2008/3/26, Jouni Snellman <jounisnellman at gmail.com>:
> My French is also rusty. Which ones are the bolsheviks and which ones the
> mensheviks in the French scenario? ; )

Hmm. How can I put that... Let's say that basically, the forked Parti
Pirate originated from a French Internet-consumers lobby (that is the
"ODEBI" thing MaryPoppins was mentioning), whose main line is
basically just we-want-to-download-without-being-bothered; whereas we
aim to deal with the big picture: to us, filesharing-repression is
just one particular aspect of a global political process; we want to
think about politics, about society, culture etc.

I let you decide who's the most bolchevik :) On one hand, (as far as I
can tell, as we have no contacts) they blame us for not being
realistic; but on the other hand, they tend to despise the laws, the
democracy and republic values, etc. We cannot caution them for such
gestures.

But overall, it's basically just one guy who got fed up because we
hadn't spontaneously granted him ssh access on our server -- though he
hasn't even ever asked :)

(sigh)

Cheers,
Valentin