[pp.int.general] 5 days left for the proposal of amendments to Pirate Manifesto's First Draft

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 3 14:31:47 CET 2008

De: Jens Seipenbusch <seipenbusch at web.de>
Enviado: lunes, 3 de noviembre, 2008 11:57:27
> From what i understood of the Amendment Central it is not valid to just create an amendment
> there yourself ?

That depends on each pirate party; we decided in Berlin, and ratified in the First Draft sessions, that was up to each pirate party to decide whether each of its members was allowed to individually propose amendments, or would be parties which would propose amendments collectively.

Hoshpak enabled individual amending, you've disabled it. The thing is that, if you disable it, both Eighth and Tenth amendments would be invalidated -as long as Hoshpak would be the only one, representing PPDE, able to propose amendments (proposing the amendments that you in PPDE command him to propose)-, are you sure that you want to disable individual amending? If individual amending is enabled, all individual PPDE members would be allowed to propose amendments and it would be valid, is up to you.

> (to be honest that wiki amendment central confuses me a bit as a whole)

Helmut Pozimski is a Deutsches Piraten Partei member and has made several amendments which perfectly fit with amendment rules. I guess you can ask Hoshpak about how to propose amendments, or you may express which parts of the amendments central do confuse you, to make me able to clarify them.

> Nevertheless i created a page where i mention the passages i dont agree with, since i cant find
> my points in the listed amendments yet:
>
> http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto_Tenth_Amendment

Actually, only one paragraph -and related paragraphs, only when a change in the first one affects them- can be changed in each amendment; so, now I'll have to split Tenth Amendment in several valid ones, each affecting specific paragraphs.

This is made this way because you can see that already there are two or more amendments affecting the same paragraph; two or more amendments cannot be passed because we would have many wordings for an unique paragraph, so those amendments turn into options for an only voting, where people becomes able to choose the option they prefer. If amendments were made for the whole Manifesto, this wouldn't be possible, so amendments not affecting a single paragraph have to be splitted.

Regards,

                                                                      Carlos Ayala
                                                                       ( Aiarakoa )

                                             Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman