[pp.int.general] Current state of Piratenpartei Deutschland in the manifesto process

Wed Nov 5 16:48:12 CET 2008

I am sure you all recognized that I and Jens Seipenbusch who is the on
officially responsible for international coordination in our board had a
little argument about who is actually able to decide things like if we should
propose amendments as individual members or as a party.

I joined the manifesto process just because no one else here was taking part
or even interested in the manifesto and because I was asked to do so.
However, now Jens claims he is the only one able to decide something like
that and it therefore makes no sense to me to participate in the manifesto
process any longer. (He asked me to stay in the position but it doesn't make
sense to be a representative if you have to ask someons else which decisions
were made)

It is now up to Jens to name a new representative for Piratenpartei
Deutschland or to take that position himself. However, as long as this
questions are not solved, you have to consider all amendments proposed by
members of Piratenpartei Deutschland invalid as long as Jens tells you
something else.

I am really sorry that it has come to this but all my attempts to talk to Jens
to find a solution that wouldn't delay the manifesto process and everyone
could be happy with, failed.

regards
Helmut