[pp.int.general] Current state of Piratenpartei Deutschland in the manifesto process

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Wed Nov 5 19:55:04 CET 2008

Enviado: miércoles, 5 de noviembre, 2008 16:48:12
> It is now up to Jens to name a new representative for Piratenpartei Deutschland or to take that
> position himself. However, as long as this questions are not solved, you have to consider all
> amendments proposed by members of Piratenpartei Deutschland invalid as long as Jens tells you
> something else.

I (I think we all) would like to have this confirmed, I mean: it's necessary to know whether PPDE proposes amendments individually or jointly as a party; and it's necessary to know whether all, some or none of PPDE current amendments -most from Helmut- are valid.

> I am really sorry that it has come to this but all my attempts to talk to Jens to find a solution that
> wouldn't delay the manifesto process and everyone could be happy with, failed

In the first mail of his recent mail series, Jens reminded that he had some disagreements regarding Pirate Manifesto; the best way to polish the First Draft is proposing amendments. I think that, if PPDE still has those disagreements -besides Helmut's and mms's proposals-, the right way is to propose as many amendments as PPDE members think that may be needed; probably, not all amendments will be passed by the rest of pirate parties -it uses to happens in a multi-part agreement :)-, as well as I guess the passed ones will make the Second Draft suitable enough for PPDE to vote for it.

The thing is that, after the one-week deadline extension, PPDE has three days to prepare the amendments they found necessary; though not only three days, because there have been two months plus this additional week. Hope people in PPDE will find the way to take advantage from this extra time and will be able to propose as many amendments as they will :) Regards

                                                                    Carlos Ayala
                                                                    ( Aiarakoa )

                                             Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman