[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: two days remaining for proposal of amendments

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Fri Nov 7 16:39:58 CET 2008

De: Christian Hufgard <christian.hufgard at piratenpartei-hessen.de>
Enviado: viernes, 7 de noviembre, 2008 15:09:19

> Well, this all seems, as if we would do exactly the same, the EU does. Just found an international
> something without rules, how any inhabitant/member can join the process.

Not true. At least, EU has its parliaments, its bodies, its directives ... we have none of those things yet. First, let we annouce to the entire world what do we are -when I say we I mean we all; at the national scope each pirate party may have its nuances and particularities-, what do we have in common. Then we will be able to work on our joint mechanisms.

Talking about joint mechanisms ... well, later, at the end of this mail.

> Each national party can decide on its own, how its members can participate. Sounds a little bit,
> like EU elections, doesn't it?

Agreed in Berlin Conference, and later ratified in july by pirate parties representatives -at least by people who theoretically acted on behalf of our pirate parties-, were the Pirate Manifesto procedures. And I assume that they were, as nobody complaint in this list about it until few days ago, nobody said hey, that person doesn't represent our pirate party.

> I know, its a little bit late to talk about it, but I had prefered a unique way for all pirates across the
> world, to work on things like the manifesto, not only some chosen ones.

Earlier, talking about joint mechanisms, I was going to say: how many people has offered from each pirate party to Andrew Norton
to cooperate in the PRs Group that he coordinates? I mean, he's just
one person; to be truly able to perform his duties and achieve his
goals, he needs our help. I think it's not like if Andrew were going to
become Harry Houdini and make magic, but it should be like if Andrew
were able to found himself coordinating our efforts, which require us
to offer at least one representative per party to make those efforts.

If we want a common way for all pirate parties across the world to work on things like the manifesto, I think that, first, the ideological path -Pirate Manifesto- has to be conceived; and then, all the personal and material resources in order to walk through that path, displayed. I hope that first we focus on getting current task done, and then we seriously help, all together, to create PRs Group, IT Group and the rest of PPI Groups, to make PPI a formal, operative, joint and brilliant reality.

> Or even just the ones, that have the time and the money, to travel around to international
> meetings

Don't know other pirate parties; although I -as well as the rest of PIRATA members- can travel wherever I want as myself, I cannot travel anywhere as PIRATA representative without PIRATA permission; and even being appointed as representative in PPI Conferences, I'm not a plenipotentiary, i.e., unless explicitly being desinged as plenipotentiary -and has never been the case-, my actions have to be internally countersigned by PIRATA -I give report to my party's bodies of my actions as international proxy-.

So, it's not about people who have time and money, is about -when talking about presential meetings- people formally representing pirate parties because of the will of those parties; actually it can be about people who have time and money, because I don't have money xDDD -airplane tickets to Helsink will cost about 300 € for me, and I don't have such money, nor my party; I'll have to ask banks to lend me some cash- Regards,

                                                                      Carlos Ayala
                                                                      ( Aiarakoa )

                                               Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman