[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: Start of voting window (Amendments' changes after the one week extra time)

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sun Nov 9 11:41:17 CET 2008

How badly I regret these kind of mails.

De: Anton Tamminen <anton.tamminen at piraattipuolue.fi>
Enviado: domingo, 9 de noviembre, 2008 10:57:40
> Oh come on. We're mostly Europeans and asleep at that time of day

Except last night between 1 a.m. and 1:30 a.m., UTC, when you posted the amendments.

> so I see no valid point in rejecting them if our motive is to include as many as possible of them
> and produce a manifesto we can agree on

To include as many amendments as possible, that was the reason for me to propose the rest of representatives to allow an extra week; I didn't read you last week complaining about one week not being enough. Thus, here there's no film's baddie, there only was a deadline agreed by all -you amongst all folks who agreed-, and an extra time with an extension -one week- you didn't complain about.

> Some of us put loads of hours into real, face to face party work to be able to participate in
> elections next summer (which we are deadly serious about at the moment), so the time left for
> editing a cumbersome wiki is minimal.

Anton .. I'm not going to argue about who -between you and me- works more on each party. Do you want to be you? Fine, you're the hardest working, conceded -no problem, probably it's true- :) And I'm sure that your extra-political duties -your job (I have, part-time); maybe your family (I don't have); maybe your academic issues (I attend to the university 1-2 times per week)- are also tougher than mines.

The thing is that as I'm PIRATA representative for Pirate Manifesto, I have to have time to dedicate to this specific issue, and if I find myself not having enough time to do it, I should find another PIRATA member to replace me; it's a matter of responsibility. We in PIRATA are also working -actually, struggling- to get the required amount of signatures to concur to the European Election, so it's not about choose one issue or another, both issues matter.

You can put the blame on the wiki -have never read you complaining about the wiki being cumbersome-, you can put the blame on me because of supposedly being torpedoing others' amendments -in spite of being me the one who suggested to extend the deadline for one more week (and I have never read you since last week demanding a longer extra time)- ... how about simply recognizing that amendments were proposed out of time?

> Unless you present a valid argument for not including these (aside from sticking to the clock by
> the minute), I will view this exclusion as an end in itself...

I hope what I said before can be seen by you as a list of valid arguments; otherwise, eligible voters' representatives can decide a different thing from this decision of annulling out-of-time amendments.

I make myself not responsible of the rest of pirate parties -except
Piraten Partei Deutschland and Partido Pirata- not having proposed any
amendments, as during the last two months nobody complained about Stage Two's time window; furthermore, Stage Two's time window was agreed by all representatives attending Stage One session (I think, including you)-. Thus, Anton, as long as:

- there were a two-month amending period
- after you already proposed out of time incomplete amendments one week ago, I proposed to extend deadline for one extra week
- you never complained about a week being too little time

eligible voters' representatives are up to counter this decision of annulling out-of-time amendments; however, as I think deadlines are meant to be observed, and that the extra time was sort of an exceptional measure and not an invitation to not observe deadlines at all, if eligible voters' representatives counter this decision, I would then urge them to find another person to take the responsibility of finishing the Pirate Manifesto process -including monitoring the amendments' votings, the assembling of the Second Draft, and the scheduled final voting of the Second Draft-.

No drama, as I'm dispensable: if representatives don't agree with deadlines being observed, I'm sure there are many other people capable of doing my work. Regards,

                                                             Carlos Ayala
                                                             ( Aiarakoa )

                                        Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman