[pp.int.general] Six months to go

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 10 17:52:07 CET 2008

De: Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) <rick at piratpartiet.se>
Enviado: lunes, 10 de noviembre, 2008 17:29:13
> I'd just like to point out that we now have six months until the elections. The official election
> day is in the beginning of June, with advance voting usually starting 30 days ahead.

Regarding us in Spain, we rather have only 3 1/2 months available, as if we don't collect enough signatures we won't be able to concur. We're nowadays struggling to achieve it -if we don't make it, it will mean we didn't deserve to concur-.

> I urge you to shift the current focus from both the current internal paperwork and its associated
> rulewringing towards getting dirt under your nails and getting out on the streets.

Sure we have to get dirt underour nails and getting out on the streets, I fully agree with you on that. However, that's perfectly compatible with developing the Manifesto and, also, developing our platform -I said in former mails that we should use Helsinki Conference to agree on a common platform (starting now to work on it, to have background papers there in Finland; and having the result of Helsinki Conference countersigned by each pirate party)-.

Hope you don't mean let's forget Manifesto (worldwide) & platform (EU-wide) to focus on streetwork; hope you rather mean let's focus on streetwork and Manifesto (worldwide) & platform (EU-wide). Regards,

                                                                  Carlos Ayala
                                                                  ( Aiarakoa )

                                            Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

P.S.: By the way, Rick: Piratpartiet hasn't proposed any amendments. Maybe we can guess there aren't major objections from PPSE about Pirate Manifesto's First Draft?