[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: Start of voting window (Amendments' changes after the one week extra time)

Richard M. Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Nov 10 23:18:00 CET 2008

    Problem is, if we're serious in our political projects, if we
    really mean to goto the European Parliament, we better get used to
    meet deadlines.  Now we are all a bunch of friends in informal
    reunions and we can afford to make deadlines loose. But if we get
    used to that, how serious are we going to be, should people trust
    us and send us to the Parliament? Do you imagine what would happen
    in the parliament if we sent amendmentes five seconds after the
    deadline?

The members elected to parliament will need to carefully
follow the rules of parliament.  That much is true.
But that has nothing to do with the issue at hand today.

It seems illogical to go from "Persons X and Y, if elected to
parliament, will have to learn to follow certain rules" to "We have to
apply rigid and inflexible discipline to everyone today."

I am sure that anyone who gets elected to parliament will
study the rules carefully.