[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: Start of voting window (Amendments' changes after the one week extra time)

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 10 03:31:23 CET 2008

De: Natsu <piratenatsu at gmail.com>
Enviado: lunes, 10 de noviembre, 2008 1:21:19
> Problem is, if we're serious in our political projects, if we really mean to go to the European
> Parliament, we better get used to meet deadlines.  Now we are all a bunch of friends in informal
> reunions and we can afford to make deadlines loose. But if we get used to that, how serious are
> we going to be, should people trust us and send us to the Parliament? Do you imagine what
> would happen in the parliament if we sent amendmentes five seconds after the deadline?
>
> They would get rejected, for sure

That's true, and that's one of main reasons for us to be observant with rules agreed by ourselves.

> I know this is tremendously annoying. It's just that maybe we need to get used to it. In real
> politics, everything you send after the deadline is going to be rejected. Not a bad idea to start
> getting used to it.

> But if we all are going to learn this lesson, I'd rather have us all learning it here than in the
> Parliament, where something even more important may be at stake

I said in my former mails that I'll accept whatever the rest of representatives decide on this out-of-time issues. And my words remain valid.

However, remember these Isabel's words as wise ones, because they cannot be more true. While extra times also exist in parliamentary issues, we cannot count on them; thus, we have to get habited to observe rules of the game for our own good, and for the good of the interests of those citizens whom we are willing to represent at the European Parliament and at the rest of worldwide parliaments where we want to be present.

We can be human, we can be flexible, that's fine; you all have pointed
out how important is to observe deadlines, and that's even better.
However, remember that tomorrow, in the parliaments where we nail some seats, there won't be such flexibility nor such humanity. e.g., here in Spain, parliamentary budgets have failed due to one single MP arriving late to the voting process; amendments to some laws have been dismissed because of having been proposed out of time; etc.

If you, representatives of the pirate parties which are eligible voters
for Pirate Manifesto amendments, finally decide to accept
Piraattipuolue's amendments, remember -as Isabel says- to learn the
lesson today, to avoid the need of learning tomorrow in the worst
possible situation -i.e., any voting regarding freedom of speech, author's rights, patents, etc-; watch out. Regards,

                                                                    Carlos Ayala
                                                                    ( Aiarakoa )

                                                Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman