[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: Finally, amendments showdown

Christian Hufgard christian.hufgard at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Tue Nov 11 16:08:59 CET 2008

Zitat von Mirco da Silva <mirco.da.silva at piracy-international.org>:
> Me talking about glorious pirates not scurvy privateers.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates
> Do ye homework, landlubber.

So, the glorious pirate were peaceful living fishermen? Or did some
agriculture?

>>> The only rules they accept and follow are their own pirate codex varying
>>> an all autonomous units (aka pirate ships or fleets, projects - u name it)
>>> In fact they were and are blamed to be the enemy number one to the
>>> civilization of the empires and their global (east india) trading
>>> companies.
>>> Guess why.
>>
>> I think, that you won't accept "burning down ships, killing the
>> sailors and stealing their goods" as another possible reason?
>
> Exactly, I do not.
> The war begun way before the slaves began their uprising.
> Do ye homework, landlubber.

What did the glorious pirate before the war?

>>> To prefer individual and decentralized freedom instead of collective
>>> centralized tyranny is a unique selling preposition of all Pirates - of
>>> all times.
>>
>> As you say, they had rules to follow. So where exactly is the difference?
>>

> The difference is... to have a choice or not.

Yeah, the great outlaw paradigma. Build your own rules, your own
community. Nice idea - did work great a few thousand years ago.

>> a) as an opposite zu capitalism: yes. but I know, that a true
>> communismn cannot be reached. so I waste only little time on that idea
>
> But you do. And you dont expect "true communism".
> You just need enough "real communism" to feel good.
> Thats the dilemma of hypocrisy.
> You cannot expect something, if you dont do anything for it.

I also feel good in capitalism. But I would prefere a more social
world. Call it, whatever you want.

>> b) don't grab quote out of there context. I think that was the thread,
>> when you claimed me to be a spy from government...
>
> Not spy, but work. Willingly or not some do their best to transform the
> risk of a growing german pirate party into a static asset of a
> government controlled opposition.  And some of them do it  with a letter
> of marque.

Sounds pretty different this way. But what exactly do you mean with
"And some of them do it  with a letter of marque."?

> I am Mirco da Silva, and I approved this message.

*Hugh*

> You are wasting your time, mkay.
> With communism?
> With pirates?
> Isnt that the same for you?

No.

>>> The authoritarian the environment, the less pirates are present.
>>> (Vice versa works too.)
>>>

>> Well, think that's why the EU is increasing it's activities against
>> pirates in front of somalia.
>>

> The EU decided this week to take their forces the first time ever into a
> naval mission - against Pirates off the coast of Somalia.
> As the Nato does, as the US Navy does, as Russia does. As even India does.
> It seems their is no bigger thread on earth than pirates - despite the
> upcoming new thread of 'eco-terrorists' like the Sea Shepheards.
> Ooops.. they define themselves as modern pirates, too.
>
> conclusion:
> Pirates are a thread.
> If you are not a thread you are not a pirate.

But not every thread becomes a pirate. The society has certain kind of
outlaws around. And the shepheards... Well, cannot everyone call
himself a pirate? I mean, we all know, that pirates are cooler than
ninjas.

> You are not a thread, except for Pirates.
>
> Straight accusation enough, Christian?

So, if I am a thread, I might be a pirate?

Christian