[pp.int.general] How meme's are being manipulated & culture might be damaged according to a scientifically basis. - Scream for help.

Core TX coretx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:54:38 CET 2008

Short: I have a theorum based on the works of prof. Richard Dawkins. - I
need help on creating a better definition & writeing a letter towards prof.
R Dawkins.

- When succesfull, it will provide us with a scientifically basis for PP
arguments. Therefore, makeing our opinion a fact.

"Cultural degeneration"

Most of us around here know, or at least acknowledge the idea that liveing
organism's evolve by many different factors's that eventually effect our DNA
etc. etc.
The evolution theorie is a "hot topic" because of religous bias. Right now
you might wonder what this has got to do with PP issues.
The answer is quite a lot, since our culture also evolves. In fact, it
involves our verry being in the most intrinsic way imagineable. It's not
just about traditional expression's of culture that we see in the form of
art like painting's, music, and film. But it also mutates the way we
actually* think and act.*

Dawkin's coined the neologism of "Meme's" describeing the evolution of
culture.
The wikipedia summary of his theory might describe's his thoughts quite
well, there fore I quote:

*A meme (pronounced
/miːm/<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English>
)[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme#cite_note-0> consists of any idea or
behavior that can pass from one person to another by learning or imitation.
Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, gestures, practices, fashions,
habits, songs, and dances. Memes propagate themselves and can move through
the cultural sociosphere in a manner similar to the contagious behavior of a
virus.*

Now that you read this, i hope the same questions's that I have arise in
your mind. And i'm even arrogant enought to assume you do since you are a
"Pirate".

From a "Biological" point of view copyrights and patent's are almost analog
to the engineering of DNA. Therefore manipulateing our way of *thinking* and
*acting*. Since they effectively limit the borders of our cultural expansion
and development. Effectivly stopping our evolution. Hence, limiteing the
progress and promotion of art's, science et al.

While tinkering with idea's that involve the way people think, and act
religion come's into play verry soon. What suprise's me about this, is the
fact that most religious people within the political spectrum are heavily
against DNA manipulation, but are strongly against "pirates" thus for the
manipulation of culture makeing them hypocrit's and irrational being's.
And yet again, i  started to think about the works of Dawkin's also the
author of documentary's like "The Root of all Evil " And the TED talk about
millitant atheism and how religion is corrosive to science and vice versa.

That verry same person also showed the linear equasion between the
perception of "Religious importance" and the homo sapiens intellect. This is
no longer just theorie, but fact.

So, in a nutshell, what I see is the following.

Religion <-> Science
           /patents/
Copyright <-> Culture

It's both corrosive towards each other, yet work in nearly exactly the same
way.
But what is more important, is the ¨Ethics" that get involved within this
discussion, and the same problem's that arrise when discussing either of the
subject's.

Any help on creating a good writeing about this will be apreciated !

Arrr,

Core-TX  / Samir Allioui
Pirate Party of the Netherlands.

P.S Our Party is NOT going well, and we are in need of a new webhost. ( We
have no fundings )

P.S P.S  We will vote on the joint declaration, after I have consulted our
internal mailinglist.

P.S P.S P.S Please treat each other as friend's and keep bitching and
moaning out of the mailinglist, and continue it in private!