[pp.int.general] Why Members left .... was: Stances on different ideologies

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Wed Nov 12 12:04:30 CET 2008

I agree that political success must be the goal.

However, if I'd had ten cents for every person that told me "you must
absolutely change X or you will never achieve political success", I'd be
rich. At the same time, the pirate party is growing by the minute in
Sweden, with more and more people coming out in open support.

Having an all-encompassing defeats that purpose, for reasons well
explained elsewhere.

Rick

PS: Last election, one person was extremely tenacious about "you must
promise free Wi-Fi to the entire population, or you will never achieve
success". They had the party's success at heart, and had all good
intentions. However, the concept of a narrow platform is field tested
and works. At least, it works excellently so far.