[pp.int.general] Current state of Piratenpartei Deutschland in general.

Max Moritz Sievers m.sievers at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Wed Nov 12 21:58:42 CET 2008

Kaj Sotala wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Max Moritz Sievers wrote:
> > If you want to dictate which drugs other people are allowed to use, you
> > don't value freedom. If you oppress the sexuality of your childs, you
> > don't value freedom. Why do you think the people allow oppression through
> > copyright and constraints of civil liberties?
>
> You may be right about what you say. Or you may be wrong. I'm not
> saying anything either way.
>
> However, you do need to realize that either way, bringing these
> subjects up now will not only hurt the Pirate agenda, it will hurt
> your chances of persuading other people of what you're saying.

And what do you suggest me when should I bring these subjects up?

> But I'm not even going to name those policies here, or in any Pirate
> Party-related context.

It is not the society I want to have, if you have to hide your opinion.

> I'm going to wait until the PP image has been firmly entrenched in people's
> minds, and until such time that we are clearly winning the war over ideas.

The PP doesn't know what it wants. Its leaders say they only want minor
changes -- nothing extreme. If this is true, I wonder why they do all the
fuss. Every existing party in the parliaments wants moderate changes. We
wouldn't have to found politcal parties if this was our aim. I give you the
clues that the suppression of the natural sexuality in the child and the
dictate where human curiousity can legitimately send its attention and where
it can not (illegal drugs) are the underlying problems which have to be
solved first. Then our other little problems with laws will abscond. So why
don't you use my clues?

> You should do the same. As you can see from the responses to your
> messages, not every pirate here agrees with your ideas.

This isn't necessary.

> The same will apply to voters - each extra, unnecessary idea you bring out
> will reduce the popularity of your party.

We have to have an ideology -- a vision. Then we could get the people
enthusiastic about it. It's the mission for political parties to indoctrinate
the people.

--
regards
Max Moritz Sievers