[pp.int.general] Our votes, and our problem with amendment 3 having been annulled

Jens Seipenbusch seipenbusch at web.de
Mon Nov 24 11:31:53 CET 2008

Carlos Ayala schrieb:
> No technicality:it was dropped by Jens the 6th of November. Ask Jens about it.

sry Carlos, but i deny the responsibility for dropping the 3rd amendment.

As i pointed out, you made the change in the wiki.
Of course you made the change out of the known reason, that the german
representative (me) corrected the wrong (wiki-) information about the
approach of the german party for making amendments.
But still you acted and invalidated some (!) of the amendments of german
party members.
As Ole mentioned, there were no rules about annulling amendments, so
even if it took me some time (too much in terms of your deadlines) to
look into every amendment which was affected, it would have been a
better choice of yours, to not annull any amendments.
Its as simple as that.

So we probably should talk about the rules again, so that we can perform
better in the process of discussing the Second Draft.

btw, its amusing for me, that now after the deadline i am not longer the
only one who notices the problems with the voting rules (quorum and
multiple choice...)

regards,
Jens