[pp.int.general] Our votes, and our problem with amendment 3 having been annulled

Jens Seipenbusch seipenbusch at web.de
Fri Nov 28 11:10:12 CET 2008

Hi,

Ole, you are completely right here, thats exactly what and how it happened.

I might add, that at the time you worked out the whole amendment
planning in the past summer, i wasnt aware of the fact that you already
_decide_ on formalities of the process at all.
Thats mainly the fault of the german pirates, me and Helmut, since i
would have expected that Helmut wouldnt just decide on behalf of PP-DE
silently without notifying me - but thats what he did.

At the time i noticed this, it was obviously too late and i can
understand, that the other representatives, who did take part in the
summer process, are not very fond of altering things again.
This is the reason that i really tried to catch up asap with everything,
but i failed on one thing by 40 hours....well ok, as Ole pointed out, it
was only 2 days to notice the problem for us all.
Thats also the reason i did not use blocking amendments although i could
have done in time - so you can believe that i am interested in a good
final manifest, that we can present our members and expect their accordance.

I now see no other solution as to do a second amendment round.

And before that round we should make clear all the amendment rules and
voting rules that we now learned are important from the first amendment
round.
And it would be nice, if i could formally agree with this rules, which i
didnt have the possibility to do yet.

I really see no use of now rushing through only some problems we had
only to finish the manifesto asap, it is more important to have broad
acceptance than to meet any close deadline!
And imho it is still more important what is written inside the
manifesto, we shouldnt introduce more bureaucracy than EU parliament has.

Please dont let the spirit of the meeting in Uppsala be ruined by this
dispute.

best regards,
Jens