[pp.int.general] Our votes, and our problem with amendment 3 ha

Richard M Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Nov 28 16:38:58 CET 2008

I suggested, for in situations like this, that it is wise to give
those who will vote more options to choose among, rather than fewer,
when doing so does not really cause a delay.

If the parties vote to choose option A rather than option B, those who
supported B will accept that they lost fair and square.  But if option
A is chosen by bureaucratic rejection of option B, the supporters of B
will feel that they were manipulated.