[pp.int.general] GNU/Linux-powered voting machines in Brazil

Pedro Cardoso de Carvalho e Freitas pedro.carvalhofr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 03:36:03 CEST 2008

Hello, I'm also from Brazil, and have been in this list for quite a long
time, although just watching. But seeing that Brazil is the topic, I thought
I could jump in. I if remember correctly, on one of the first elections with
the voting machines (2002, I think), there was an experiment on the machines
at the Federal District: they would print the vote. I think the idea was to
count the votes electronicaly, and faster, and then confirm/compare it with
the manual counting, to eliminate the possibilities of fraud in the voting
machines.

I have no idea why this project didn't go on.

Pedro