[pp.int.general] GNU/Linux-powered voting machines in Brazil

Félix Robles redeadlink at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 02:31:05 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Carlos Ayala <aiarakoa at yahoo.es> wrote:

> Of course we can conclude that today's electronic voting machines don't
> meet such requirements and, thus, are not trustable. Regards

That's my reading.  Yes, electronic voting has some advantages, but if we
focus on the main point, that is preventing rigged elections, manual
counting of votes is the winner. And it will be for many years, until
everyone has at least the same understanding on electronic voting machines
than we have on manual counting of votes.

I can wait 8 hours to get the results of the elections.

Felix Robles