[pp.int.general] Signatures for the european elections

Andrew Norton andrew.norton at pirate-party.us
Fri Oct 10 21:40:20 CEST 2008

Helmut Pozimski wrote:
> We have just received the signature forms for the european elections and are
> beginning to collect signatures. We need 4000 in Germany to take part in the
> elections. The forms can be found on
> https://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Europawahl_2009#Unterst.C3.BCtzerformulare
> (page is in german)

Great news Helmut.

We need to start moving overall on this. When I asked a week or two ago,
  a number of countries said they were going forward working for the
elections, and now we have to start. I am setting a goal of getting a
press release out on this topic, announcing the participation of
countries and the start of signature collection. It would also be nice
to get the ppi website to be updated and reflect this. We need to work a
direct, and informative campaign on this, so that means updating
signature progress at least weekly. It also means getting the manifesto
working.

We also need to start holding meetings again on IRC, I think we were
using 1800 UTC as a meeting time on a Wednesday or Thursday.

On another note, I want to make sure my records are goign to be good
(and I'm old fasioned enough that I keep a copy of records on index
cards) so if people can make sure the party information on the
international wiki is up to date, with full lists of board members etc,
and if you have state/regional parties, the heads of those as well.
Include IRC nicks, if you use IRC, and also, make sure you register your
nick with the irc server's nickserv ("/msg nickserv help register" if
you need help, or come find me - K`Tetch)

We don't have many months left now, so we need to get ourselves moving.

Andrew