[pp.int.general] Terrorism, and you

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Sat Sep 13 13:33:39 CEST 2008

> Because of this, I distrust anything that is supposedly done
> in the name of the "war on terrorism".

My recollection is that some American anti-piracy acts explicty are named
"deterrence" acts. While any crminal law is supposed to have some sort of a
deterrent effect, such naming shows that the purpose of those law is to
induce fear at major groups of citizens - which is a definition of
terrorism! Or does it make a difference if terrorism serves the noble
purpose of fostering entertainment companies shareholder value? Bin Ladn
bing an assohole because he does not have shareholders .......

reinier