[pp.int.general] European Elections

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Sep 25 21:40:57 CEST 2008

----- Mensaje original ----

De: Andrew Norton <andrew.norton at pirate-party.us>
Enviado: jueves, 25 de septiembre, 2008 21:27:40
> 9 months to the election, give or take. We need to make sure we're all working together, I'd like, if
> possible, for all parties to tell me if they're getting involved in the EU election or not. We have to
> know if we even ahve enough countries participating to make our own group.

PIRATA is in the mood of concurring to the 2009 European Election.

> If you are, we need to start collecting together info, and working together. So, the status you're at,
> if you're collecting signatures for qualification (how many you have, how many you need, and by
> when) do you have candidates, and maybe what issues you think we can target in your
> country.

We need 15.000 signatures, we have only 201 up-to-date, we have until 28th of February to collect them -not because of law, but because of having to summon a previous Assembly to elect candidates and, according to our Statute, it should be by the end of March (and we previously want to know if we meet requirements)-; I can give a further and broader briefing later.

> just the yays and nays for now, and we'll work from there

Then this mail is a YEA from PIRATA :) Regards,

                                                              Carlos Ayala
                                                              ( Aiarakoa )

                                       Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman