[pp.int.general] European Elections

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 19:14:45 CEST 2008

2008/9/25 Andrew Norton <andrew.norton at pirate-party.us>:

> 9 months to the election, give or take. We need to make sure we're all
> working together, I'd like, if possible, for all parties to tell me if
> they're getting involved in the EU election or not. We have to know if
> we even ahve enough countries participating to make our own group.

France would like to be involved as well, but I just don't know if we
can have enough *candidates* here; in 2004 you had to present a
78-candidates list to register. The other thing is that you need half
women and half guys, so it's gonna be double-tough I'm afraid.

> If you are, we need to start collecting together info, and working
> together. So, the status you're at, if you're collecting signatures for
> qualification (how many you have, how many you need, and by when) do you
> have candidates, and maybe what issues you think we can target in your
> country.

I couldn't find the number of required signatures (but I'm still
looking, and so are my fellow pirates).

As for the issues, I think France has its fair share :)

> just the yays and nays for now, and we'll work from there.

We'd be happy to jump in, but we still need more info (if anyone of
you guys happens to stumble upon anything that could interest us, give
me a ping).

Cheers,
Valentin