[pp.int.general] European Elections

Anton Tamminen anton.tamminen at piraattipuolue.fi
Thu Sep 25 22:11:11 CEST 2008

Andrew Norton wrote: We have to know if
> We even ahve enough countries participating to make our own group.

You can count Finland in. Yet, I think it is unlikely we get a
representative as this is our first election and a single seat requires
around 100,000 votes (around 2% of the votes). We are aiming to use the
elections as a PR campaign to get people to know our name.
> If you are, we need to start collecting together info, and working
> together. So, the status you're at, if you're collecting signatures for
> qualification (how many you have, how many you need, and by when) do you
> have candidates, and maybe what issues you think we can target in your
> country.

We need 5000 signatures due next autumn to register as a party -
obviously we need to be done a lot before that. We've been collecting
signatures for some two weeks now, our progress being approx. 16% by
now. We are relying on getting them together in a few months at most.

We have not yet selected any candidates, trying to get things in the
right order. No specific issues to list.

--
Anton Tamminen
International Secretary, Member of the Board