[pp.int.general] Elections in Austria

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 12:13:44 CEST 2008

2008/9/29 Max Lalouschek | Piratenpartei Österreichs
<max.lalouschek at ppoe.or.at>:
> Hey all,

Hi Max,

> I'm sitting here already quite a while not knowing what I should write.
> Some of your media probably already wrote or said that there was a huge
> right shift in Austria. It had to be expected to some extent (many lost
> the trust - once again- in our grand coalition) but nobody really
> expected it to be THAT huge.

Oh, dear. We've heard about it here in France, and we sincerely feel
sorry for you guys.

... That is a very bad side of democracy: not only doesn't it prevent
fascists from reigning, but it also gives them some appearance of
legitimacy.

Keep hope and courage!

Cheers,
Valentin