[pp.int.general] PP "amicus curiae brief" about sofwtare patents to EPO

Glenn Kerbein glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us
Wed Apr 15 20:39:15 CEST 2009

I was only trying to bring to light a petition about Software Patents,
which is the partent topic of this court case. I didn't mean to offend
or to hurt anyone's feelings. My messages on this mailing list have been
 getting progressively shorter; this oft makes them rude and curt. My
apologies.
	I'm full well aware of what an amicus curiae brief means. Translated,
it means "friend of the court," where a third party, not directly apart
of the case but interested nonetheless, offers up information that
neither party can offer. That, however, is the entire purview of my
scope of the legal system; Carlos is the legal expert here. He should be
able to expand and offer more input on the issue.
	Regarding the specifics of the issue, however, is not within my
interests. Seeing as how I'm on another continent, my input on European
activities only makes me a hypocrite to overreach in that manner.
Nevertheless, the Europeans must act before this window of opportunity
closes.

Reinier Bakels wrote:
>> I'm gonna make this short and sweet:
>> http://stopsoftwarepatents.eu/
> Sorry to say, but that is a silly reaction! As an American(?), you shoud
> know about the ramifications of an "Amicus Curieae Brief". Either you
> say somthing that is really useful to the "court", or you say somtehing
> the court will ignore, in order to have a reason to blame the court
> afterwards.
> Please revist the subtlety of my proposal! It is like executing the
> death penalty while the convicted is unaware. Impossible? That makes its
> so subtle!
>
> reinier

Glenn "Channel6" Kerbein
Pirate Party of the United States