[pp.int.general] Telecompackage (138/166)

Nicolas Sahlqvist nicco77 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 18:54:19 CEST 2009

Hi PPI,

I am wondering if there are any campaigns to get people to contact
there MEP's against the Telecompackage (138/166) from PP parties
outside Sweden?

The original 138 and 166 addition to the Telecompackage is said to be
ok while the revised one makes Internet a package services where the
ISP can black or whilte list as per their own discretion potentially
making Internet look like a cable TV package.. There is also talk
about a compromise of the 138 and 166, not sure that would be in the
interest of PP.

http://www.blackouteurope.eu/

The whole thing is started outside Sweden (UK or FR), yet I have not
seen much reactions outside Sweden, could you please fill me in?

- Nicolas