[pp.int.general] Telecompackage - Victory for EU Citizens!

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Wed Apr 22 01:07:03 CEST 2009

erik ernst skrev:
> >From laquadrature.net
>
> *Victory for EU Citizens! Amendment 138 was voted again.
>
> Strasbourg, April 21 2009 - Once again, the European Parliament has
> demonstrated it can resist pressure and stand for the rights and freedoms of
> citizens. Amendment 138 (now renumbered amendment 46) was adopted today in
> ITRE committe, in Strasbourg.*
> *
> Pirates vs Eu 2-0
> Second reading on may 5th 2009, lets keep the pressure up:)*

Before I reply, please let me introduce a relatively new, but really
active member of PP DK, who has been really useful for our common cause:
Erik Ernst.

It looks like amendment 138 has been reinstated in ITRE, and that is
good, provided it gets passed on the plenum vote on may 5th.

But there are other important amendments that have not yet been
reinstated, like 166.

Fortunately there are three sets of amendments proposed that are meant
to ensure citizen's rights on the net:
http://erikjosefsson.eu/blogg/2009/04/21/citizens-rights-amendments (If
you do not understand the swedish language on the link, just click the
three links just after the text "Citizens' Rights Amendments", and you
will get PDFs in english.)

I think that we can all support these amendments, and I think we should
all push for EU-parlamentarians to support them.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.