[pp.int.general] Next PPI Conference in Brussels!

Glenn Kerbein glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us
Sun Aug 2 19:34:31 CEST 2009

Samir,
	Andrew stepped down as PPI chairman, and informed me a week ahead of
time. I felt like it was his duty to inform people of his decision, so I
didn't post it to the list to gossip.
	"Key PPI members"? How exclusionary. I won't name names, but it seems
like that precludes experience, knowledge, and willingness to participate.
	When you speak of a Brussels conference, who is the "we" you refer to?
You, yourself, and you? And why Belgium?
	Our organization (in the States) is completely donation-based, and
volunteer-based. For the ~2 years I've been administering the party,
I've not been paid a dime; I never went into it to do so. (In fact, a
majority of the events, trips, and phone calls have come out of pocket;
not that I'm complaining). What the PPI _could have_ been is irrelevant.
You're thinking that it's a dead fish, mourning at a funeral. PPI never
/actually/ existed: there's no paperwork, no bank, no bi-laws, etc. What
obviously needs to be done in order to perform quasi-professionalism
about the subject has already been hashed out.

coretx wrote:
> Dear PPI members,
>

> Some of us have foreseen Andrew stepping down from his function as PPI
> coordinator.
> Many sound, and sometimes even emotional arguments have been adressed.
>
> During the past weeks i have talked with key PPI members, and with the
> chairman of the newfound Belgian Pirate Party.
>
> We propose to organize a next PPI conference at Brussels.
>
> The key item should be creating a firm organization/foundation out of PPI.
> For example, PPI could have been subsidized for years.
> In theorie Andrew his former job could have been a fulltime payed job.
>
> PPI could have maintained a list with press contacts for all affiliated
> pirate party's.
> PPI could have helped out on translations.
> Etc. Etc. Etc.
>

> If your party is willing to participate in organizing, please send a
> email towards PPI at piratenpartij.nl
> This can be written in Dutch, English or French.
> Yes, that includes french. Half of Belgium's native language.
> Maybe PIRATA would like to join a PPI organisaional team for
> translations and add Spanish to it ?
> IIt would be nice if the next conference is to be held in 3 languages. (
> Not only English & French )
>
> Now let's stop inventing the wheel over an over again, and start some
> teamwork !
>

> Samir Allioui
> Chairman Pirate Party of the Netherlands.

Glenn "Channel6" Kerbein
United States Pirate Party
"Burn, Hollywood, Burn"