[pp.int.general] Let us organize a study session!

Philip Hunt cabalamat at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 4 19:43:53 CEST 2009

2009/8/4 Valentin Villenave <v.villenave at gmail.com>:

> We French pirates are quite motivated by the Brussels proposal, and we
> support it wholeheartedly.
>
> I believe we should consider this proposal without letting other
> ideas, arguments, off-topic considerations and whatnot interfere. If
> any cooperation between the CCC and the PPI is to happen (which is
> unlikely so far), let's discuss it as a separate issue.

What is CCC?

On a wider note, my understanding is the next French presidential
election will be in May 2012 and the next national assemby election a
month after that.

If Sarkozy goes through with his HADOPI plan, it's likely that PP.fr
will be able to build a good base of support. So a PP candidate in the
presidential election might get 7% of the votes in the 1st round. In
the 2nd round, he could recommend to his supporters that they vote for
whoever is most likely to get rid of HADOPI. If this leads to Sarkozy
being kicked out, in effect by the Pirate Party and their supporters,
it will be an incredible boost for us.

Would a meeting of PPI in France, say 6 months before the presidential
election, help PP.fr? I would guess it would, it would give them
publicity and rally support. The same holds for having meetings of PPI
in other countries -- if we can hold them to coincide with when
elections are held in those countries, and to boost support, we
should.

--
Philip Hunt, <cabalamat at googlemail.com>
Campaigns Officer / Press Officer, Pirate Party UK