[pp.int.general] PPI congress - meeting

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Wed Aug 5 12:01:54 CEST 2009

> Sure. Any idea of what the active headcount is at the PPI ? With how many
> are we on the deck ?
> (with active I mean people who beside talking also work, really involved
> people)
Few. Which is another reason to strive for efficient meetings! The good news
is perhaps that the success of the PP in SE and DE and probably elsewhere
too brings *funding* (money!). A PP could even commission a university
(sympathetic to principles) to prepare a position paper. While some
universities still foster a one-directional "more is better" paradigm in
"intellectual property", there is an increasing awareness that "IP" policy
should seek a balance - like any other field of law. Economists like this
idea even more - but economists are often impractical and make mistakes that
renders their opinions unusable.

I anticipate a snowball effect. Make it more intersting, more people will
get interested, and they may subsequently help to make it more interesting.

reinier