[pp.int.general] German Pirates on 11%

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Mon Aug 17 21:58:27 CEST 2009

> As much as we'd love to get 11%, LifeGen seems to try to ride on our
> wave of popularity. Frankly, as far as I know, no one knows how they
> come up with their numbers.
> Another poll, that is probably more accurate, estimated 2-3% for us.
> But, it's still over a month till the election, and the campaigns have
> just starte.
> We have a lot of new pirates who are eager to help get us into the
> parliament, so let's see :-)

What is the link of that poll (the 2-3 per cent)? That's EXCELLENT news
and I'd like to propagate it a bit. We've been getting scores between
2.5% and 4.2% in the polls lately, with one year to go until the
national elections with a 4-percent barrier.

Rick

(PS: That we got 7.1% in the EU elections should not be seen as a sign
that our support has dropped. The national parliament pulls a much
larger electorate, so scoring is different. Kind of like your second
stomach for ice cream or chocolate, which always has room even if your
primary stomach is full to the brink with normal food.)