[pp.int.general] German Pirates on 11%

Alexander Bock alexander.bock at piratenpartei-bayern.de
Mon Aug 17 21:29:59 CEST 2009

Am 17.08.2009 um 21:21 schrieb Philip Hunt:

> I've just read an article suggesting that PP.de might get 11% in the
> general election in September:
>
> http://www.lifegen.de/newsip/shownews.php4?getnews=m2009-08-16-2810&pc=s02
>
> Can anyone in Germany comment on how well-founded this report is? And
> what is an "IP-based analysis" anyway?
>
> Obviously it would be wonderful if PP.de got 11%, but I'm not going to
> publicise this unless I get some indication of its veracity.

As much as we'd love to get 11%, LifeGen seems to try to ride on our
wave of popularity. Frankly, as far as I know, no one knows how they
come up with their numbers.
Another poll, that is probably more accurate, estimated 2-3% for us.
But, it's still over a month till the election, and the campaigns have
just starte.
We have a lot of new pirates who are eager to help get us into the
parliament, so let's see :-)

Alex