[pp.int.general] Immediate action required!

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Thu Aug 20 16:34:01 CEST 2009

This is sort of paradoxical. SURF is related to universities. Can
universities force their students and PhD candidates to grant copyright
licences? That is what they currently actually do. For me as an external PhD
candidate without university funding or support this was sort of a bad deal,
and I refused.
Incidentally, this is yet another example (next to Open Source) where there
is a need in copyright law to maintain the (moral) right of *disposal*,
separate from the right of *exploitation*.

If the Red Cross has a collection, I am happy to donate, but if they grab
the money from my purse themselves, I get very angry!

reinier