[pp.int.general] Open positions in PPI

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 20:46:28 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 7:31 PM, coretx <coretx at piratenpartij.nl> wrote:
> They can't be explained, and therefore we should be concerned.
> During his CTO position, Laurent literally has done nothing.

Please do not make this personal. Blaming someone like you do is a big
deal, and shouldn't be done unless you have very good reasons to do
so. "He's done nothing" is a bit short in this regard: if we had kept,
from the beginning, firing everyone who "does nothing" in each of our
parties, the pirate movement as a whole would probably have vanished
by now.

If specific issues need to be addressed, I'm sure you guys can deal
with these in an appropriate way, and keep us informed in the process.
Last time we heard, cwicket still was our PPI representative; moments
later we stumble upon a public "open positions" announcement. Guess
how "transparent" such things make you look.

> This is why i contacted YOU. This to no avail.

You've had my number for more than one week. Still waiting for your
call/mail/IM/whatever.

> My not so nice "disclosure" above, is something that i wanted to avoid.

I too was hoping for a private and sensible explanation.
Until I stumbled upon this public announcement.

> By stating lies however, you force me to drop diplomacy.

I wish this was a lie. We /really/ didn't get any information about
any of this. The first and only information we've had so far is your
"open positions" announcement. Ergo: WTF?

> Especially considering the existence of sensible people like you, who point
> out problems,
> but  do not wish to be part of the solution.

If you're looking for solutions, a proper way would be to state that
you're having problems in the first place, and tell us exactly
(publicy or privately) what these problems are. You haven't done such
a thing yet.

> They have all been informed. It has been posted on mailinglists, and on the
> wiki.

In that case you guys definitely need to work on communication. Cause
AFAICT nobody (at least none of the people I've been talking to) has a
clue what's been going on (and unfortunately reading the wiki doesn't
help much).

> And yes, there is a delay. When it comes to administrative works - Thank
> "pertain".for this (DE/AU)

Making things personal again. Not the way to go IMHO. I (for one) am
not looking for /someone/ to take the blame, neither you nor cwicket
or anyone else. I'm just trying to know how bad things really are (if
at all), and how to fix problems (if any).

> I'm wondering, who misinformed you, and with what motive ?

If you think I'm misinformed, then please enlighten me. I'd be happy
to learn that I've been misguided and that there's really nothing to
fear. Actually, that would be the best possible outcome.

> As mentioned in the email; I would like to call you.
> Your phone number is something I have, but you still have not told me
> at what exact time and date you would like to be called.

I said (and meant) "anytime". I'm sure we can work things out.

Cheers,
Valentin