[pp.int.general] Dutch platform internet security

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Tue Dec 8 23:30:02 CET 2009

This afternoon I attended the kick-off meeting of a new Dutch "platform internet security". One of its themes is a black list (blocking list) for websites spreading child pornography. The minister of justice spoke at the meeting an told that plans are under way to create such a list centrally for distribution to providers.

IIRC similar projects in other countries (Scandinavia?) distributed lists that contained mainly regular (adult) porno sites and few actual child pornography sites. If that is true, the black list is mainly a pretext to block adult pornography.

Could anbyone update me on this subject? What is the actual situation in EU countries?

reinier