[pp.int.general] Copenhagen, our turn to dive into

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 19:39:21 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm in contact with a group at COP15 called Youth Climate Action that
're holding a session on patents and technology transfer tomorrow
morning at 10:00 at Bella conference. We should definitely attend if
you're already an accedited visitor!

I'll forward you more information :D

2009/12/9 Rackham <denis.germain at partipirate.org>:
> Hello all
>
> As you may have marked, there's somehow a world happening for the powers
> that are in Denmark. ;o)
>
> Sorry if it has already been talked about on the ML but :
> Patents are one of the main issues concerning the transfert of technologies
> to the "2nd and 3rd world" countries in order to fight climate change. Even
> if most of the press focuses on the $$$ transfert question, it is in fact in
> two parts: the 10 billions $/year for the developed countries to pay, and
> the techs that have to be transfered.
>
> i really think we should all voice loud about that, it is the due time.
>
> A few elements i have already gathered:
>
> - only 2,15% of the patents at the WiPO concern environment.
> - That figure isn't growing…
> - it's covered under the TRIPS
> http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/trips_e/trips_e.htm
> - french official report covering the subject (in French)
> http://www.strategie.gouv.fr/article.php3?id_article=1081
>
> i'm rummaging a fast press release once i have done my homework…
>
> Denis (still with that dratted bl… f…g broken keyboard)
> partipirate.org board of directors - Île-de-France coordinator
> Wi-Fi is evil

Amelia Andersdotter
Lissabon-MEP
+46 722063698