[pp.int.general] Dutch platform internet security

Edison Carter the.real.edison.carter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 05:06:36 CET 2009

> However, that is no reason to censor or punish anyone else who
> distributes it, having no commercial relationship with the making of
> it.  We do not criminalize video recordings of other worse crimes,
> even murder, when distributed by those who are not part of the crime
> itself.  There are films and photos that show real mass murder in the
> World Trade Center; does anyone propose to censor them?

It is a little more complex than that though. Once someone has been murdered
there is little more you can do to help or hurt them. When someone has been
sexually abused is has a very long term effect, and just knowing that the
act was recorded and the recording is in circulation is itself -further-
psychological abuse. On that basis I can accept that trading in such
material and making it available to others, even non-commercially, can
itself be considered to be part of or contributing to the abuse.

But when it comes to banning computer-generated images (even realistic ones)
or lolicon, we're quite firmly in the realms of 'thought crime'