[pp.int.general] Fwd: IP-Watch: Tough Talks On IP In Technology Paper At Copenhagen; No Mention In Latest Draft

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 12:23:43 CET 2009

2009/12/15 Valentin Villenave <v.villenave at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Amelia Andersdotter <teirdes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> COPENHAGEN - A draft text on development and transfer of technology
>> was subject to intense - and indeed heated - discussions during the
>> first week of the high-level climate meeting in Copenhagen. But no
>> intellectual property was mentioned in the latest draft text that was
>> issued on 14 December.
>
> Hm. Can't say that's a surprise, though :(
> Is it me or is this Copenhagen thingy looking more and more like a
> (bad) joke everyday?

It was a bad joke even before starting the negotiations :)

I sent a message to the list earlier this autumn explaining how the EU
didnt even mention technology transfer in their preliminaries for the
negotiations. The US is similar. And thats just the IP side :D
Avaaz.org were saying "Take me to your legally binding treaty" inside
Bella konferens (where the Summit is held) because the outcomes of
this conference aren't even expected to be legally binding :)

/amelia

> Cheers,
> Valentin

Amelia Andersdotter