[pp.int.general] Copenhagen, our turn to dive into

Thomas Burke mrthomasjburke at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 14:56:46 CET 2009

Richard there is evidence for and against global warming and depending
on how you interpret that evidence it can appear to support any
conspiracy theory you wish to put your faith in. At the end of the day
we need to work out whether it is as big a deal as people are making
it out to be. I for one believe that while there has been some
increase in temperature it is not caused by "us" as appears to be the
main point the climate change groups go on about. Much of the so
called climate change can be explained by natural phenomenon. It is
also my belief that while we may be pumping lots of harmful chemical
into the atmosphere these are usually centered in specific locations
and overall have very little effect on the weather patterns of a wider
area.

What worries me most about the talks in copenhagen is the fact that
instead of having monies collected through measures to be implemented
in the treaty they are discussing will be managed by the world bank
and IMF and not the UN. Where the monies would have been distributed
fairly to developing nations by the UN to a certain extent they will
now be loaned the money thereby placing those countries in excessive
amounts of debt making it easy for large nations to take control of
those nations that cannot afford to repay the loans. Isnt it bad
enough we developed nations are forcing starvation on them due to
skyrocketing food costs brought on by various climate change policies.
In places like Haiti, people who were scraping a living on mud pies
now cannot afford them and are dying in droves.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/01/080130-AP-haiti-eatin.html

There are also talks of a global policing system for the monitoring
and implementation of measures put forth in copenhagen. Its bad enough
we here in Europe have already given away most of the powers of our
governments to the EU under Lisbon but now this? I find it very funny
that they also have some reports from the UN and a British research
group stating that the best way to combat climate change would be to
lower the worlds population by 3-5 billion people. The group that made
the reports are apparently a british government backed group known as
the optimum population trust.

2009/12/15 Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org>:
>    If global warning is merely a conspiracy to boost the shareholder value =
>    of General Electric and other commercial firms,
>
> There is no evidence for such a conspiracy.  But there is plenty of
> evidence of a conspiracy, funded by oil companies, to deny the
> occurrence of global warming.

which it is addressed and may contain confidential and or privileged
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.